Monday, March 5, 2012

Badvertising

The exercise we did this week made me realize that I rarely pay attention to ads.  I know this is a blog that is focused on educating the readers on the various methods that advertisers use to reach us, but I feel like people tend to just ignore advertisements when they pop up on our screens.  This got me to thinking that there must be a better way to advertise using algorithms like google, or surveying the audience like Hulu does.  If you read this, do you agree with me? How should advertisers improve their methods of reaching us?

1 comment:

  1. I really like your title for this post. It's very clever and caught my eye. I agree with you in that I too don't pay much attention to ads. I realized this when, for the online assignment, I disabled them. The page looked empty and weird. Even if I don't pay attention to ads, they are part of our online culture, and it was strange to see blank spots where they once were. That being said, maybe I do pay attention to them, just on a subconscious scale? But I agree, advertisers should improve their methods of reaching out to us, so that we are actively seeing and paying attention to their advertisements.

    ReplyDelete