Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Direct TV

As I was thinking about what to write about today yet another Direct TV commercial came on TV, and it was a new one this time. So, that's what I decided to talk about. Not as much about the specificities of the commercial itself, but rather how these ads came out of nowhere. I don't remember a time where Direct TV had this many advertisements. They must be doing well. First it was the funny commercial where the man in the eye patch got beat up and thrown in a ditch and now the new one with Charlie Sheen really got my attention. They money Direct TV has spent on advertising recently has to be worth it because I don't know anybody who dosen't know about their crazy commercials. At this point, I can't even think of any other cable companies that are in the public's eye as much as Direct TV is. I guess in Madison we see Charter often, but their commercials don't hold a flag to Direct TV's commercials. Other companies need to step up their game or I am going to be purchasing Direct TV pretty soon. Where are the competitors? Why all of a sudden has Direct TV made so many eye catching commercials? Why now? Is it just me that dosen't remember or has Direct TV advertised like this in the past? The new commercial with Charlie Sheen can be seen by clicking here if you haven't seen it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment