Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Shamrock Shake

It's more than just a milkshake, it's a Shamrock shake. It only comes out during the months of February, March, and April and is a hot item. Let me be the first to tell you... McDonald's beats it into you. Honestly, you can't hide from McDonalds. There advertising is incredible and is everywhere. Billboards, TV, radio, Internet, papers, and magazines are covered in McDonalds ads. I could be listening to Pandora and all of a sudden a McDonalds commercial will come on advertising these new Shamrock shakes. Let me be the first to say that they are delicious by the way. All it is, is a green colored minty milkshake, but it's tasty. It's only out around this time because of St. Patricks day.

Do you think that these shakes are so highly discussed and popular because of the advertising McDonalds does during this time, or because they really are so amazing? Honestly, as good as they are, I feel like they are so popular because of how much they are advertised. I think this way because nobody would even know about Shamrock shakes unless it was previously read about. The reason this product is doing so well is because McDonalds put forth a spectacular effort in its ad campaign for the shake. Sure, the taste is important, but there would be no taste testing if it wasn't for McDonalds throwing it in our faces all the time. That's what I think, but I look forward to hearing what you guys think.


3 comments:

  1. There's no question its about the hype. I, who have never had one, know too much about them. The really attractive woman in their commercial has also got me hooked. Mint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so many friends obsessed with shamrock shakes! So I finally got one this past semester for this first time, and it was SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally, I love shamrock shakes because my dad has always been obsessed with them, so it's a tradition thing for me. But I actually do like them! Although I'm not sure I'd have been so eager to drink a green milkshake had I not already been exposed to it.
    Also:
    http://some.ly/eqqL0K

    ReplyDelete